Sunday, November 23, 2008

How do we define who we are?

A person defines themself based on individual experience. Our actions, no matter how small they may be, leave a mark. The choices that are made, accomplishments, jobs, friends, all contribute to truly deciding who a person is, it’s a reflection. I liked this question because it propelled me to stop and think, how have I defined myself?
Organizations do define people because they imply our interests to those around us. Being a member of the newspaper has defined me in numerous ways. Besides having to be responsible, you have to be confident and able to make split decision. Newspaper also bring out those who are shy, I can be a somewhat shy person and it has forced me to be comfortable when meeting new people, since I often do a story on a student or teacher I have never be aquatinted with.
In the end, I hope I've defined myself as a proud daughter, devoted friend, determined worker, genuine and selfless as well as a person who never gave up, no matter how difficult the circumstances might have been.

1 comment:

Lary Kleeman said...

How important is it that we define who we are?

Is it inherently limiting that we define who we are?